Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Lately I've been feeling like a slacker. a little bit.
Or maybe just a lack of motivation. Change of the season, anticipating change?
I'm still doing everything I usually do, exercise, volunteer, work, chores, trying to do art, planning the future... but I've not been pushing myself lately. I know there's some inspirational saying out there somewhere about how when we challenge ourselves we're more interesting, and full of life, and how it's important to continue growing and not become stagnant...etc....Anybody?
I think I'm snapping out of it now, but I still slept in this morning with a total of 9 hours of sleep! And for some reason I feel guilty about it- it's cuz I really want to make a habit of getting up earlier so that I can make time to pray and be grateful and ready for the day before rushing into it. It's hard to remember that when I'm in dreamland though.
I don't really like how I feel when I sleep that long, but at 7 hours I feel so deprived..I didn't have the motivation to drag myself out of bed at the perfect 8 either, what's the deal?
Is it important that we sleep the same amount each night consistently, or can we make up for other nights where we didn't sleep so long? If that's true, maybe i'm still making up for lost sleep during my college years? Or not. What do you think?...




....I decided to do an image personality test my sister has on her blog, it's pretty interesting.
According to www.imagini.net, I am a person who is a dreamer, an escape artist, a new wave puritan, and a love bug. I think I can live with that. You know maybe it's good that I don't get up at the same time every morning, I think I like the spontaneity of it...I don't think consistency is part of my personality, though at the same time I am a creature of habit...interesting.

On a different topic, I heard about this crazy race that happens every year in San Francisco- Bay to Breakers.

About 7.5 miles from the bay to where the ocean breaks- people dress up, teams race tied together, people register, people dont'---I thought it'd be cool to at least just go out and see...but alas the lack of motivation I was mentioning up there kicked in and I didn't go. Maybe that and I haven't been running 7 miles lately, usually only 2 or 3 a couple times a week....Okay, I could've done it if I had a running buddy, but couldn't scrounge one up on late notice and glenn and caroline definitely do not run. We could've walked, I know I'm just making excuses now.
Maybe next year.
Looks fun doesn't it?


You can go here to see more photos of people's costumes. What fun:)


No comments: