Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today's the day!
After days and days of planning, we're off for the trail! We'll be camping at Caple's Creek about a half hour from Echo Lake for 2 days with Glenn's mom, then Glenn and I will begin our month-long trek hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail!!
Woohoo!
Our bags are packed, our gear is sewn, our food is planned, and our money is spent.!
We'll be leaving in about an hour- looking forward to a month of sleeping on an inch of air mat, taking cold "showers" by lakes, (might sneak one one or two hot ones when we re-supply), fishin' for trout every night, and breathing the cool mountain air of the Pacific Crest Trail! I'm excited:) Just have to finish up our website and shave my head!

We'll be sending my sister trail journals that she will be posting on this blog periodically, so check back for updates from our trek! Happy Trails, Happy Summer Everyone!!

Planning our camping sites- check out our John Muir Trail Map Pack:)
Planning our dinners: "hungry! me, food."
"our bundles and bundles of food."
We're sending ourselves three boxes of food to towns near the trail where we will be resupplying about every week. Check out our website under "Our Route" to see our day by day itinerary.
"I'm a fish, don't eat me!"- Glenn playing with our fishing lures:)
Vacuum sealed food :P

rationing our food- cream of wheat for breakfast- ligthweight and creamy! yum

Glenn doing some last minute sewing- he sewed his own water-proof camera bag:)
Two things I will miss most on the trail: 1) fresh fruits and veggies 2) icecream!


There are a few more photos under "Our Gear" on the website, check it out! You can also donate to an art/environmental organization I volunteer for :Creative Community Catalysts.
So definitely give it a looksey, I've spent some time on it: planethikers.googlepages.com/pct07

See ya around the next bend.....

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Krystal, I love you and I miss you. We HAVE to end up living in the same place someday. You're definately in my soul. :)